Designed in Hong Kong, our gluten-free & vegan quinoa bread pre-mix is the combination of allergen-friendly, healthy and easy-to-use. No need to use a bread making machine.
This quinoa bread can be served as "plain white bread" as the taste is milder than the teff bread. The bread goes well with different jams and makes it into sandwiches!
Follow our easy instructions at the back of the packet and you can make a delicious gluten-free and vegan bread at ease.
A bag for a 400g bread
Ingredients are free of top allergens
· Gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free and nut-free
· Contains sorghum:
Sorghum is the fifth most important cereal crop in the world. Sorghum is an ancient grain that is naturally gluten-free, contains minerals such as copper and Iron. Copper helps to increase the uptake and absorption of iron into the body, good for blood circulation and red blood cell development. Sorghum may help manage cholesterol as the healthy fats in sorghum can help to reduce “bad” (non-HDL) cholesterol.
· Contains organic quinoa flour:
FAO calls "perfect food" quinoa is the only vegetable that contains all the essential amino acids, vitamins, and trace elements. The United Nations General Assembly declared 2013 as the 'International Year of Quinoa'. Quinoa(Chenopodium quinoa), known as an "ancient grain", is naturally gluten-free, contains complete protein and all nine of the essential amino acids, which cannot be made by the body.
· Using natural monk fruit sweetener to replace added sugar.
· No nasties! Unlike any other brands from Europe and the U.S., our gluten-free mix does not contain a high amount of sugar in the ingredient. We don't add any preservatives and chemical emulsifiers.
Instruction of use
1) In a small tin, add sugar and warm water to activate 2.5g dry yeast.
2) In a big bowl, add bread pre-mix, 35g vegetable oil, 200g water, and the activated yeast.
3) Mix all ingredients thoroughly until becoming a smooth batter.
4) Pour batter into a baking tin (suggest to use a tin with size 10x10cm). Cover and wait for 40 min until the dough is fermented double in size.
5) Put in the fermented dough pre-heated oven and baked at 200C for 30 min.
Storage & Consumption
As there are no preservatives in the pre-mix, please store the baked bread in the refrigerator.
As there is no emulsifier, the bread may become harder overnight or after cooling. It is a normal physical condition of the bread. Suggest reheating the bread each time before consumption. You can use a toaster, or oven to bake at 150C for 10-15 min or steam for a few mins.
Ingredients: Organic white rice flour, sorghum flour, organic quinoa flour, organic tapioca starch, potato starch, monk fruit sweetener, baking powder, pectin, salt, xanthan gum